Open Times :
Mondays 7:30PM, 414 Aporo Road, Tasman.
Club Captain: Viv Tibbs- email@example.com 0272685000
President: Errol Boyes- 0276691766
$9.00 per shoot
About Tasman Club
The club first operated in a shed at Baigent’s saw mill in Tasman, then in an apple packing shed for a little while, before moving to the present sight. Mrs Hopkinson gifted the ground with the hall on it to the Rifle Club and the Domain Board. However after some encouragement from club members John Nicholson and Rob Miller, the Domain Board withdrew from any involvement and the Rifle Club became the sole owner of the land and the buildings.
A three mound range was built on the side of the hall and shooting started there in 1934. The club had 3 rifles; they were BSA,s and no coats, a button on the sleeve to stop the sling sliding down was the norm. With only three mounds and over 30 shooters, competitors were expected to be ready and waiting. If one wanted to shoot a second card they had to wait out at least 10 details. In the early 1980s the club decided that a new range was needed, and so through the summer the old range was dismantled. Through the guidance of the builder Brian Sladen, the range as it stands today was built. A lot of voluntary labour was used with John Nicholson and Don Fraser putting in a lot of hours during the week helping the builder, and others at the weekends.
Next to go was the disgusting toilets out the back, and a modern toilet was built on the corner of the range. The local Tasman School was to share the use of them as they had donated parts to the toilets. The water used in the buildings comes from a pump that belongs to the school.